RDSCC Summer Cruises

2017 Summer Cruise will be July 1st - 5th. If you are interested in attending the summer cruise this year please email me. bryanlea22@gmail.com or text/call 403-350-1200

I have blocked rooms with a hotel in Kalispell at a discounted rate. I can give you the group rate code and information once you contact me. The rooms will ONLY be held till the end of May and then they will be released. I have already scouted out an amazing route down to Kalispell and back. I have also filled our time down there with some cool events, awesome roads, mouth watering food and our favorite beverages with our best friends. (a cool private tour of a hanger and private jets as well as an opportunity to enjoy a scenic flight over Kalispell are some of the events) If you haven't been on one of these epic trips, join the club and come out for the fun!!!



Previous Cruises:

2012 - Kelowna, BC

2013 - Kalispell, MT

2014 - Great Falls, MT

2015 - Coeur d'Alene, ID

2016 - Kelowna, BC

2016 Recap

The 2016 Summer RDSCC Cruise was a lot of fun again, 4 days, 4 cars, 8 awesome people, over 2000 kms and 0 traffic violations again.

The trip started with the 4 lone cars converging at Starbucks in Gasoline Alley at 6:30am (well 6 of us did, Jerry didn’t have Anita pushing him to be punctual). A quick coffee and breakfast and then we were heading west. Jerry had some tire problems so we made a quick pit stop in Rocky Mountain House at Bumper to Bumper for a valve stem tool, but not before a gravel hauler was road raging on Kelvin on Hwy 11. After the quick stop we continued west to Hwy 93. On the way we stopped for a photo op at Abraham Lake where we took a photo on the first RDSCC Summer Cruise. Cruising down the Icefields Parkway in the shadows of the Rocky Mountains we were only slightly delayed by construction. Dodging construction all the way to Revelstoke we headed south on Hwy 23 to the Shelter Bay ferry after grabbing lunch to go. I had a lovely chat with the chump driving the pilot car on the way south then we had to wait an hour for the next ferry. This was an excellent time for some R&R and a Klondike bar from the concession. While waiting we spoke to some truckers that figured their logging trucks could do well on a road race, so after we got off the ferry we gave one of them a good run through the corners to Nakusp. We just barely made the Needles ferry where one of the deck hands thought Jerry was our dad (lol). The run from Needles to Vernon on Hwy 6 was worth all the delays and construction we had to suffer through.  The relaxation in the hotel lounge felt good on the first night since we were never pulled over on the way out (probably because the black Vette never came).

Friday started with us checking out some sights at Mission Hill Winery. There was less to explore this year as they had lots of the areas locked down (I am sure Lori and Ford had something to do with that in 2012 when they broke into the barrel room). We followed this up with a private tour of Arrowleaf Cellars from a high school friend of mine that owns it with his parents. It was cool to see the barrel room, the processing room and how they are able to do most of the work with very little staff. The afternoon continued with a beer at the house of one of the founders of RDSCC, Fred. After all you can eat fish and chips, Anita joined our group from her quick flight to Kelowna. The celebrations continued in the hotel lounge that night.

Saturday started with a run down to Penticton to reminisce the drive on the Green Mountain Road. I don’t think that I will ever get tired of driving that road. We took turns leading and following and moving the GoPros around so that everyone was on some footage. We climbed up to Apex Mountain on the switch backs and saw the ghost town that is The Village in the winter. There were some amazing views, neat buildings and a cool sno bunny troll that Monica befriended. In the afternoon Wicked Wine Tours took us to five wineries to sample some of BC’s finest wines. Our driver and owner, Nick, put up with our antics and we didn’t scare away the other four people that filled our tour. The steak for supper tasted so good after the long day.

Sunday, we made our way back, but we never stuck to the main roads. A rip up the Salmon River Road to Salmon Arm and then a refreshing ice cream at Dutchman Dairy was a great way to start the day. The race to Canmore continued and then a refuel at Rocky Mountain Flatbread was welcomed. Kelvin led us back from Canmore on Hwy 1A and then we snaked our way through the back country of the foothills and ranch lands to Red Deer. I think we found our new tour guide of the back roads for next year.

If anyone wants more info on the annual summer cruises that we do or to hear more stories ask myself or anyone of us that went on the trip.

This year the trip was a lot of fun, we got to know everyone a lot better and grow better friendships with everyone.

I hope that next year we can see more new faces and keep all the ones that attended in the past.

There are photos in the gallery on our website that you can check out.


Next year’s trip is in the planning, see ya then.

Bryan Lea



2015 Recap

The 2015 RDSCC Summer Cruise was a success, July 1st to 5th. It was 5 days, 8 cars, 16 people, 106.5 hours of fun, over 1700kms and 0 traffic violations.

The run started with coffee and breakfast in gasoline alley and then we took off down highway 2 and 2a to Olds. We headed west and then down highway 22 with a quick stop at the Shell gas station just north of Cochrane. We had a lovely chat with a constable and another RCMP officer from Cochrane reminding us that it was Canada Day and that giving out tickets on Canada’s birthday was not something that he wanted to do. (pretty sure it was the black Vette’s fault that they stopped to talk to us) From there we continued our journey to highway 1a and headed west to Morley and then onto highway 1 to highway 40. We took the scenic route to Longview on highway 40 and then another quick stop for fuel, fluids and a stretch. Leaving Longview we acquired a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 8 that had to prove it was faster than the Lotus, but then it soon gave up. Once on highway 3 we pulled in for a photo op at Lundbreck Falls, 2 years ago when we were there it looked like Niagara Falls it was flowing so fast from the flooding. We left there to head west on highway 3 through the Crowsnest just in time for the black Vette to get us pulled over again. I guess the holiday trailers on highway 22 didn’t like getting past by sports cars. The cop was nice and quite annoyed that he had to deal with a driving complaint. After the Lotus and the black Vette got a warning we continued to Sparwood for lunch since we were stuck there a couple hours due to an accident on the highway. The border crossing was uneventful and it was a hot drive the rest of the way down to Coeur d’Alene to the hotel. We all stayed at the Best Western and had reserved parking with the security cameras looking right at the cars. (by request)

Silverwood Theme Park occupied all of the next day with lots of rollercoasters and waterslides. We discovered that after an all-you-can eat bbq buffet it is not best to go on the After Shock rollercoaster. We ended up with one unhappy rider visiting the bathroom and wasting a very affordable and delicious buffet lunch. At the waterpark we also discovered why there is a weight limit on the Avalanche Mountain, any heavier and I am sure the tube would have left the slide on the corners it was going up so high. (we still had 45lbs before we were at the max weight though, lol)

On our 3rd day into the trip some of us enjoyed a beach day in the sun and water as well as a lake cruise for 90min on one of the Lake Coeur d’Alene Scenic Cruises. It was hot, really hot, but we were able to see all the fabulous homes (mansions) and get some historic information about Coeur d’Alene while enjoying the bar service on the top deck. On our way to supper that night we took a relaxing drive out there on E Coeur d'Alene Lake Drive and E Yellowstone Trail. I might have forgotten about a short stretch of gravel on that route, but the 3M on the Porsche did its trick and it helped everyone else forget about the 500’ drop offs with no guard rail on the corners. I made reservations at the Wolf Lodge Inn that night and 12 of us were able to make it. Jerry sampled the swinging steak (he ate balls) and then shared it with whoever else wanted to experience balls in their mouth. (I did not partake)

On July 4th a few of us went down and watched the parade in the morning. A little bit of shopping, kind of a down day, then down to the docks for the fireworks. The fireworks show was better than I have seen in a long time.

5th day was a travel day back, early breakfast and on the road back. The trip back was quick, fewer stops and no traffic tickets.

Below are a few videos of the fireworks at CDA that I found on you tube.

A video from a drone of the fireworks at CDA


Finale at CDA


Finale at CDA



If anyone wants more info on the annual summer cruises that we do or to hear more stories ask myself or anyone of us that went on the trip.

This year the trip was a lot of fun, we got to know everyone a lot better and grow better friendships with everyone.

I hope that next year we can see more new faces and keep all the ones that attended in the past.

There are photos in the gallery on our website that you can check out. http://www.rdscc.ca/AutoCross/Photos/tabid/64/Default.aspx?path=2015+RDSCC+Summer+Cruise

Next year’s trip is in the planning, see ya then.

Bryan Lea